- Of his next broadcast, host Dick Flacks writes: a radio seder Passover is the festival of liberation and it is increasingly something of a universal holiday, when we try to instruct the next generation about some of the history of enslavement and resistance. Each year on the radio, we try to ...
- Of his next broadcast, host Dick Flacks writes: Cobain & Ochs & Harburg & Robeson This week’s marks anniversaries for four iconic figures in the culture of protest. April 5 marks the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain’s suicide, marked this week by much commentary about his life and ...
- This Saturday, join Luna and special co-host Aaron Brenan from 7-8:30p for Las Flores. This week, The Love and Stress Compound will be performing live on air. Their biography is below: "The Love and Stress Compound is a chamber-pop band from Portland, OR, featuring the compositions of vocalist/guitarist Dusty ...
- This Thursday, April 10th, at 12 noon, KCSB-FM 91.9 will facilitate a "town hall" discussion of the events of Deltopia 2014. All are invited to attend this event to tell your stories of how the incidents of last weekend have impacted you and the ...
- KCSB-FM and the UCSB MultiCultural Center are very excited to co-present Malian Tuareg blues group Terakaft, live in-concert at the MCC Theater, on Friday, April 25th, starting at 8pm. With a name meaning "caravan" in Tamasheq, and featuring two former members of Tinariwen, Terakaft is ...
- Host Tío Chuy says: "Hey Sobrinos, Tío Chuy here to let you know you can ¡Muévelas! with me martes por la madrugada ~ Tuesdays with your Tío! 6 'til 8 AM Tuesdays hasta June"
*A chemical spill in West Virginia contaminated the public water supply in the Charleston area *The nation's high court heard arguments on the [Read More]
Tonight we present the first of a two part Year in Review broadcast for 2013. We'll revisit some of the most significant and underreported stories [Read More]
The KCSB community is happy to make available a recent station project: Off the Air! The site is a new KCSB blog which openly accepts contributions [Read More]
Melinda St. Louis, Director of Public Citizen's International Campaigns joined Elizabeth Robinson to discuss the impact of NAFTA 20 years on as well [Read More]
Of his next broadcast, host Dick Flacks writes: a radio seder Passover is the festival of liberation and it is increasingly something of a [Read More]
Here's to all the folks filing jointly on Tax Day. In honor of that, "Frank 'n' George" have decided, after a good look in the mirror, that this [Read More]
Deltopia 2014 photo by David Melendez - CLICK TO ENLARGE. This Thursday, April 10th, at 12 noon, KCSB-FM 91.9 will facilitate a "town hall" discussion [Read More]
KCSB-FM and the UCSB MultiCultural Center are very excited to co-present Malian Tuareg blues group Terakaft, live in-concert at the MCC Theater, on [Read More]
At 1:00PM on Monday, April 14th, the #13 UCSB Baseball team will battle with the BYU Cougars in a one game showdown! The Gauchos came away with a [Read More]
At 3:00PM on Saturday, April 12th, the UCSB Baseball team will play the second of their 3 game series today when they take on the #18 Titans of Cal [Read More]
BELLA VITA movie poster (Image Courtesy Fresh and Clean Media) Early in the ten-day run of this year's 29th Santa Barbara International Film [Read More]
On Friday, January 31st, the cast and crew of the music-oriented independent film Mount Joy, joined "Mr. Supersonico" Bennett Piscitelli, [Read More]