Do you want to be an FM DJ? How about a Radio Journalist? Maybe a Sportscaster? Come to KCSB-FM’s Spring Orientation to find out more about these and other exciting opportunities!
At 6 PM on Tuesday April 5, 2022, KCSB-FM invites you to Corwin Pavilion to attend our annual Spring Orientation. The orientation will begin with an informational presentation about the volunteer opportunities the radio station is offering UCSB students and local community members this quarter, followed by a Q&A and the chance to sign up!
If you’d like to attend the Orientation, please RSVP by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/MN7gNgaPBpXWsHMM6.
Some of the opportunities you’ll hear about include:
– KJUC: A quarter-long DJ training program that teaches the fundamentals of radio programming. Once you complete the program, you have the opportunity to apply for your own radio show on KCSB-FM, so apply for this if you want to be an FM DJ!
– KCSB News: Learn the fundamentals of radio broadcasting and journalism. KCSB News offers the opportunity to cover local and larger stories in the field, conduct interviews, and produce newsletters and radio spots that are hugely informative for the students and community.
– KCSB Sports: Dip your feet into the world of sports journalism. Opportunities here include traveling to cover and commentate on UCSB and community sports, and to produce and analyze sports stories on the weekly Gaucho Sports Spot.
– Publicity / Promotions: Our publicity department offers volunteers the chance to help promote the station by tabling at KCSB and community events (including concerts), distributing posters, creating social media content, and other similar tasks. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a role with less time commitment, although the publicity department would still love to welcome dedicated volunteers.
– Music: Our music department runs a music review committee which provides participants with the opportunity to listen to new music sent to the station (sometimes ahead of its official release date) and write reviews on it, which help us decide whether or not to add it to our music library.
We look forward to seeing you there! If you have any questions, please leave them in the indicated field on the RSVP form, and we will respond to you as soon as possible!