On Tuesday, May 18th at 4 PM PST, KCSB News presents to you A Year in COVID: Medical Racism and Health Misinformation.
This online panel will be a critical discussion of how racial health inequity prevents marginalized communities from accessing quality care.
The panelists—public health leaders, medical professionals, and community advocates—will also explore the dangers of health misinformation during times of crisis and the role of communication in medical mistrust.
The featured panelists include:
- Dr. Van Do-Reynoso, Santa Barbara Public Health Director
- Dr. Jason Prystowsky, Emergency Medicine Specialist Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
- Frank Rodriguez, Policy & Communications Associate – CAUSE
- Dr. Lillie Williamson, Assistant Professor of Communication Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Lawanda Lyons-Pruitt, President of NAACP Santa Maria and Lompoc
Visit >this webinar Zoom link< to register and attend the event! We hope to see you there for this informative and important discussion.