UCSB Arts & Lectures, Santa Barbara County’s Park Foundation and Arts Commission, and the Santa Barbara Film Commission present Monsters! Classic Horror Films from Universal Pictures – FREE film screenings on consecutive Wednesdays and Fridays through August 27.
Each Wednesday night at 730pm (“Weird Wednesdays”), Arts & Lectures will host screenings in UCSB’s Campbell Hall. Campus presentations of these Universal horror films from the 1930s through the 1950s are being paired with the “Courthouse Movie Series,” which will host free outdoor showings of the same films, each subsequent Friday evening at 830pm (“Frightening Fridays”) at the County Courthouse Sunken Garden in downtown Santa Barbara (where guests are invited to bring blankets, lawn chairs, and refreshments).
The lineup features:
• Dracula (July 7 & 9)
• Frankenstein (July 14 & 16)
• The Wolf Man (July 21 & 23)
• Bride of Frankenstein (July 28 & 30)
• The Invisible Man (August 4 only)
• The Mummy (August 11 & 13)
• The Phantom of the Opera (August 18 & 20)
• The Creature of the Black Lagoon (August 25 & 27).
The County Courthouse is at 1100 Anacapa St. KCSB is a media supporter of A&L’s Summer Cinema.
For more information go to artsandlectures.ucsb.edu, or call 805.893.3535.